Larry Hastie has been a Managing Director of Retirement Income Solutions, Inc. since 1992. Larry provides financial planning and general investment advice to clients.
Larry has a BA in economics from DePauw University and an MBA in finance and a PhD in managerial economics from Cornell University. He began his career on the corporate side in 1976 at Bendix Corporation, where he served as Treasurer, Vice President of Corporate Development, and Vice President of Human Resources during his eight years with the company. Later, Larry served as Executive Vice President of Michigan National Bank. Larry had overall responsibility for the bank’s $3 billion trust business and its discount brokerage, investment advisory, and strategic planning activities. In 1990, he founded Pattern Recognition Management, Inc. and served as president until 2009.
Dr. Hastie has authored six articles on various financial topics – management education, capital budgeting, acquisitions, municipal bond market, and portfolio analysis. He spent a year in Trinidad as a Fulbright scholar.
1964, BA, DePauw University, Economics Major
1966, MBA, Cornell Graduate School of Business Administration, Finance Major with distinction
1969, PhD, Cornell University, Managerial Economics Major, International Finance Minor
1976-1979, Vice President, Treasurer, Bendix Corporation
1979-1981, Vice President, Human Resources, Bendix Corporation
1981-1982, Vice President, Corporate Development, Bendix Corporation
1982-1985, President, Hastie & Associates
1982-1985, Registered Investment Advisor
1983-1985, Chairman and CEO, MediClinic Corp
1985-1986, Chief Financial Officer, J.P. Industries
1986-1990, Executive Vice President, Michigan National Corporation
1990-2009, President, Pattern Recognition Management, Inc.
1992-present, Managing Director, Retirement Income Solutions, Inc.
• Finance Committee, Ann Arbor Hands On Museum
• Executive Board Member, Michigan Angel Fund
• Board Member of Girls Group
• Past President, Treasurer, Trustee of Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum, (1992-1998)
• Past President, Barton Hills Country Club (2005)
• Past President, Financial Management Association
• Past Dean’s Advisory Counsel of Krannert School of Management of Purdue University
• Past Alumni Executive Council of Johnson Graduate School of Management of Cornell University
• Past Trustee of University of Michigan Hospitals Public Advisory Board
• Past Ann Arbor Investment Committee
• Past Finance Committee, Walloon Lake Country Club