Griff McDonald has been a Managing Director of Retirement Income Solutions, Inc. since 1992. Griff provides financial planning and general investment advice to clients.
Griff has a BA in chemistry from DePauw University and an MBA from Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration. He served in various investment-related management roles with Standard Oil of Ohio and Xerox Corporation. In 1982 he founded Integrated Financial Strategies Group and served as president until 2009.
For four years in a row, Griff was named one of the top 250 financial advisors in the United States by Worth magazine.
Griff has been active in Ann Arbor community affairs for nearly 20 years. He was co-founder and co-convenor of Ann Arbor Area 2000, a citizens group dedicated to improving the area’s quality of life. His service as Chair of the Committee on Excellence for the Ann Arbor Public Schools earned him the district’s Martin Luther King Humanitarian Award. He has also received a Community Service Award from Washtenaw Community College and the Distinguished Service Award from the Rotary Club of Ann Arbor.
1964, BA with Distinction, DePauw University, Chemistry Major
1966, MBA, Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, Marketing Concentration
1966–1970, Standard Oil of Ohio, Cleveland, OH
Business Development, Cash Forecasting & Management, Pension Fund Management
1970-1972, Xerox Education Group, Stamford, CT
Assistant to President, Product Development, Strategic Planning
1972-1982, University Microfilms International (Xerox), Ann
Operations Management, Product Development, Strategic Planning
1982-2009, Integrated Financial Strategies Group, Ann Arbor,
Registered Investment Advisor, Investment Specialist
Registered Principal, Mutual Service Corporation, Member NASD and SIPC
1992-present, Retirement Income Solutions, Ann Arbor, MI
• Trustee and Past Chairman of the Board, Washtenaw Technical Middle College
• Past Trustee and Past Chairman of the Board, Washtenaw Community College (1989-2000)
• Past Vice President, Harvard Business School Club of Detroit
• Co-founder, Ann Arbor Area 2000
• Past Director, Washtenaw United Way (1981-1997); Chair (1990)
• Past Director, Ann Arbor Area Chamber of Commerce (1979-86); Chair (1985)
• Past Member, Junior League of Ann Arbor Community Advisory Board (1994-1997)
• Past Director, International Association for Financial Planning SE Michigan (1987-1988)